With the quickly changing landscape of Jewish Education, ARJE has been focused on positioning ourselves to be leading voices in the field of Jewish Education within the Reform Movement. With that goal in mind, an opportunity has come our way that the ARJE leadership has enthusiastically embraced and we need your help to make it come to fruition.
In its new structure, the URJ has created a Knowledge Network (KN) that provides consultation and guidance to congregations seeking support on a variety of matters. The URJ has invited NATE, along with other affiliates in the Movement, to establish a partnership with the Knowledge Network team in supporting URJ congregations. ARJE is embarking on this new collaborative effort through the creation of a small “Corps of Experts” within NATE, with whom the Knowledge Network staff can confer and get input, and together shape the responses given to inquiries.
To that end, we are seeking 4-6 individuals who will volunteer 1-2 hours per month, to partner with the URJ Knowledge Network. Individuals selected to serve in this role will embody the following qualities:
• Possess different areas of specific expertise pertaining to the full scope of Jewish education, and be able to substantively respond to educational questions.
• Hold the respect of their colleagues.
• Serve as connectors, meaning that they know other people and congregations from whom to tap when they personally do not have the answer.
• Know when a one-shot answer is sufficient, or when a congregation may need more extensive support from another source
• Be prompt in responding to inquiries that come in.
You, our membership, hold a great many areas of skills and expertise – and those are some of your best-kept secrets. In order to identify a top notch, well-rounded and mutually respected Corps of Experts we have created a brief application that will help us identify the right people for this job.
If you are interested in volunteering to serve on our ARJE Corps of Experts, please complete this online application. Members of the ARJE Leadership will make selections from amongst those who apply. Application deadline: March 31, 2014.
If you have questions about NATE’s Corps of Experts, please do not hesitate to be in touch with Rabbi Laura Novak Winer, RJE at, firstname.lastname@example.org.