ARJE is a professional association of dedicated educators and learners who are passionate about Reform Jewish education.
With more than 800 members throughout the world, ARJE reflects the commitment, professionalism and diversity of today’s Jewish educators. Members serve in leadership positions in congregations, camps, day schools, publishing, academia and communal agencies.
“The commitment of our volunteers, in collaboration with our paid professionals, ensures ARJE’s success as a professional organization. Members who serve in leadership roles advance their own knowledge and professional skills, thereby enhancing their ability to serve their institutions.” Rabbi Stacy Rigler, RJE
Director of Religious Education
Reform Congregation Keneseth Israel
Elkins Park, PA
What We Do
ARJE offers a number of benefits to its members, as well as to congregations and the field of Jewish education at-large:
Job Placement & Career Services
ARJE assists members and institutions with placement and career services, ensuring meaningful and mutually beneficial matches for both educators and the institutions they serve.
Professional Learning & Growth
ARJE fosters a culture of learning and professional growth.
Membership provides opportunities to:
- Learn from Jewish education scholars at professional gatherings, via webinars and through sharing the latest research findings.
- Network and forge powerful and meaningful connections with colleagues through shared learning, worship, and socializing.
- Engage with peers in a welcoming, supportive community that offers guidance, encouragement, ideas and mentoring—in-person and online, through listservs and social media.
ARJE advocates for its members and for the role of the Jewish educator.
ARJE leaders bring the perspectives, interests, and concerns of Jewish educators to the Reform movement and to the Jewish world by:
- Speaking and publishing about critical issues in Jewish education
- Honoring members and institutions for achievements via:
- School accreditation
- Yad b’Yad curriculum awards
- Milestone career achievements
- Designations such as the Distinguished Educator Honor and/or Reform Jewish Educator title (RJE)
- Offering Reform Pension Board (RPB) financial products and services–403(b) pension plan, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, a pension continuance plan, and retirement planning tools–to members in Reform settings.
Become a Member Today
- Changes to ARJE Membership & Dues Policies (effective July 1, 2017)
- ARJE Dues Calculation From (2017-18)
- ARJE Membership Application (word)
- ARJE Membership Application (pdf)
- ARJE Membership Application for RYPA Members (word)
- ARJE Membership Application for RYPA Members (pdf)
- ARJE Dues Calculation Form (2016-17)