What is ARJE?
ARJE is the professional association of Jewish Educators who are connected to the Reform movement through personal or professional affiliation. We are a professional organization that inspires excellence through the work of Jewish teaching and learning in congregations, immersive experiences, after-school programs, communal and national organizations and more. ARJE members enrich lives by challenging minds, nurturing souls and strengthening Jewish communities.
- ARJE leaders form networks and connect members for support, collaboration, and advocacy in the field.
- ARJE brings together thought leaders in Jewish education. In our on-line and in person learning opportunities we facilitate a lively interchange of ideas.
- ARJE recognizes members for significant contributions to the field, awards the RJE certification, and shares best practices to learn and model
- ARJE offers a pension plan that includes disability insurance administered by the Reform Pension Board (RPB).
- ARJE offers career services, helping members with resume review, contract negotiation, and other support during the job search process.
- ARJE maintains a private Facebook group and weekly E-Newsletter where members regularly post questions, convenes conversations, and shares trends in Jewish education.
- ARJE offers leadership opportunities that allow educators to foster new skills, build their leadership capability, and make a significant contribution in our field.
Serving Congregations and Organizations
- ARJE offers a free job posting service for institutions affiliated with the Union for Reform Judaism that are searching for an educator. ARJE also offers the ability to connect with an experienced educator to answer questions and guide you through the process.
- ARJE offers resources on its website for best practices in the job search and negotiation processes.
- ARJE offers Jewish educational resource providers and conveners the opportunity to share about their organization and resources through conference sponsorship and Chaver society membership.