ARJE is a professional association of dedicated educators and learners who are passionate about Reform Jewish education.
With more than 800 members throughout the world, ARJE reflects the commitment, professionalism and diversity of today’s Jewish educators. Members serve in leadership positions in congregations, camps, day schools, publishing, academia and communal agencies.
What We Do
ARJE offers a number of benefits to its members, as well as to congregations and the field of Jewish education at-large:
ARJE assists members and institutions with placement and career services, ensuring meaningful and mutually beneficial matches for both educators and the institutions they serve.
ARJE fosters a culture of learning and professional growth.
Membership provides opportunities to:
- Learn from Jewish education scholars at professional gatherings, via webinars and through sharing the latest research findings.
- Network and forge powerful and meaningful connections with colleagues through shared learning, worship, and socializing.
- Engage with peers in a welcoming, supportive community that offers guidance, encouragement, ideas and mentoring—in-person and online, through listservs and social media.
ARJE advocates for its members and for the role of the Jewish educator.
ARJE leaders bring the perspectives, interests, and concerns of Jewish educators to the Reform movement and to the Jewish world by:
- Speaking and publishing about critical issues in Jewish education
- Honoring members and institutions for achievements via:
- School accreditation
- Yad b’Yad curriculum awards
- Milestone career achievements
- Designations such as the Distinguished Educator Honor and/or Reform Jewish Educator title (RJE)
- Offering Reform Pension Board (RPB) financial products and services–403(b) pension plan, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, a pension continuance plan, and retirement planning tools–to members in Reform settings.
Renew or Apply for Membership Today!
The ARJE welcomes all members, regardless of their financial circumstances. Dues adjustments may be requested on our dues form. We are committed to being a community where everyone feels a sense of belonging, including members of every race, religion and form of religious expression, gender identity, sexual preference, and ability.
Prospective Members: Please complete the Membership Application form below (or complete and email or mail in this pdf of the form):
ARJE Membership Application
Prospective Student Members: Please complete the Student Membership Application form below:
ARJE HUC Student Membership Application
Prospective and Renewing Members: Please complete the Annual Dues Form:
- Full dues for ARJE members in FY23 are 1.185% of your annual salary or anticipated income
- Reduced dues for those making less than $40,000: $100-$300 based on income.
- Multiple member discounts: If more than one person at your organization is a full dues-paying member of the ARJE then you and the other members can all take a 10% discount off your membership.
- Affiliate dues rates: For those members who primarily affiliate with CCAR, NATA, or ACC t he dues for ARJE are the difference between your primary professional organization’s dues and your ARJE dues down to a minimum of $250. ECE-RJ members have a $180 flat rate.
- Student dues: for HUC-JIR School of Education students the rate is $36
- Retired educators: Those retired from the field of Jewish education may support ARJE at $36